Flashback February 2018 Announcement!


Greetings, fabulous peoples of the Internet!  As promised from last week’s review, today I will finally unveil this year’s Flashback February lineup.  And being that today is in fact the first day of February, it couldn’t be a more perfect time to do so.  In regards to the lineup this year, I did sort of an event within an event.  What do I mean by that?  Well, let’s just say this year’s Flashback February has gone to hell (not really, though!  Don’t panic!)

Getting straight to the point, this year I’ll be taking a look at the classic horror action franchise Devilman.  Oddly enough, what brought this on was not the original series, but the Netflix reboot of the series, Devilman Crybaby.  I remember watching the trailer for this and thought it was awesome.  From that day on, I knew I had to do a review for it.  But the more I thought about it, the Devilman franchise has had a long history.  With that in mind, I decided to make an event out of it.  And thus, this year’s Flashback February was born!

To start things off, I’ll review the original 1972 series.  And no, the OVAs that came out years later will not be included.  After that, I’ll review Crybaby.  And to finish the event off, I’ll do a Vs. where I see which one was better.  Getting Character of the Month to fit into the lineup has been tricky and is still a work in progress.  But I’ll keep you guys posted on when that will happen.

I’ll admit, this month is going to be pretty busy for me, so there may be a few changes here or there.  In fact, the following weekend, I won’t be doing a post because I’ll be out of town on business.  Still, I’ll be sure to keep you guys posted on any changes.  So stay tuned and get ready for hell to be unleashed this Sunday!



-Hanime on Anime

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Devilman (1972) vs. Devilman Crybaby: Which Is Better?

Character of the Month of April: Shoya Ishida and Shoko Nishimiya

Akira the Movie vs. Akira the Manga: Which is Better?