Welcome to Hanime on Anime!

Greetings all and welcome to Hanime on Anime, the blog for otakus by a fellow otaku herself!  To give you all a sum of what to expect from this sight, Hanime on Anime is a blog that does weekly posts on every Sunday on anime and anime related topics.  The posts, for now, will consist of anime reviews, but I hope to do other things like discussions on anime themes and countdowns of my bests in anime.
Now, if you’re reading this, you’ve probably read the words anime a couple times already- eight times to be exact- and probably have no idea what it is.  If that’s the case then, let’s ask the question “what is anime?”  What is anime you say?  Well, fortunately for you, there is an anime guru here to answer that question.
Anime, in a nutshell, is Japanese cartoons.  That is, they were originally created in Japan, released in Japanese, and possibly released in English later on, if they were popular enough.  Now like I said, this is a simple definition, but it’s also an inaccurate definition as well.  There is also a stereotypical idea that we as Americans get in our heads that anime is this cartoon with lots of kick butt, superpowers, awesome weapons, and cute little creatures- basically Pokémon and Dragon Ball Z, which are two very successful animes themselves.   But anime is so much more than Japanese animation and way more than what Americans think of it.  It covers a range of themes, and a range of genres, and a range of issues, etc.  To put it another way, anime could be reasonably compared to the shows that we Americans watch.  If your fans of something like “Once Upon a Time” or “General Hospital,” chances are there is an anime almost like it.  Now granted, a lot of animes have the things that many of us would expect to see -going back to the whole action, monsters and whatever I said earlier on American stereotypes-, but not all of them are like that.  So for those of you who were wondering and were asking the question what is anime, that is probably the best way I can describe it. 
So now that you know what anime is and have an idea on what you will expect to see on this sight, I’d like to take this opportunity to properly introduce myself, like you don’t know who I am already.  In the real world, my name is Hannah Berryhill and I’m currently a full-time college student studying Library and Information Science (please note that I am leaving my age and classification confidential for safety purposes).  Anime is not just some pass time that I take up every weekend or so, this is my passion!  I can’t tell you how awesome it feels when I meet someone who shares the same passion that I do for it.  This is something that I absolutely love and I want to share that love with everyone!
If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to shoot me an email.  Unfortunately, I do not take requests, so don’t ask.  Please bear with me as there may be some difficulty navigating the site, but I am still trying to get it set up properly. 
So to conclude, I hope you all enjoy the site and learn something about anime!  And if you’ll look, I didn’t leave you high and dry either!  ;)


-Hannah Berryhill (aka: Hanime on Anime)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Devilman (1972) vs. Devilman Crybaby: Which Is Better?

Character of the Month of April: Shoya Ishida and Shoko Nishimiya

Akira the Movie vs. Akira the Manga: Which is Better?