Hanime on Anime’s Character of the Month of December: Sebastian Michaelis


Season’s greetings, ladies and gentlemen!  Christmas is just around the corner, so I think that it’s a good time to end this month right around this time.  And of course, what better way to end the month, as well as the year, with my pick for Character of the Month!  This month was a bit simple because I did only one review for December.  Though this may seem unfair, I have to say that it made my pick an absolute must.  Anyways, I’ll stop rambling and get to talking about this month’s Character of the Month: Sebastian Michaelis from Black Butler.
So to start, Black Butler follows the young English earl Ciel Phantomhive and his quest to seek revenge against the deaths of his parents after making a deal with a demon later named Sebastian.  Throughout much of the series, we see Sebastian complete various demands made out by Ciel, all ranging from simple to near impossible.  But being a demon, Sebastian can do just about anything-enough said.  However, his true demon side does not come out until the end of the first season.  From there, it lingers on in the second season.  Still, there is a bit of mystery that surrounds this character.  His history is unknown, and even his appearance as a demon is unknown.  But regardless of what fans know or don’t know about him, they will certainly say that Sebastian is “simply one hell of a butler.”
Hands down, the one thing that I absolutely love about Sebastian is that he is amazing!  There is nothing that he can’t do (I think I’ve said that earlier)!  Throughout the course of the series, Sebastian single handedly stops a train with one hand, mows down an entire army within ten minutes-with only silverware I might add-, and even takes down an angel all with grace and elegance.  What’s also very interesting is his depth knowledge of, well, just about everything.  Often times this knowledge comes in handy when in certain situations.  And ladies, he’s a dreamboat!  After watching season one of Black Butler, I can certainly say that Sebastian is one of the sexiest anime characters I have ever seen!  Not bad for a demon.  So yes, handsome, cunning, and just down-right amazing, Sebastian is definitely “one hell of a butler” and worthy of Character of the Month of December!
Now before I end this post, I do have some important announcements.  Now many of you may remember that December will be a short month because of Character of the Year, and this is because I want to start voting early.  Well now that Character of the Month has now been unveiled, voting for Character of the Year is now open.  There will be a separate post on the site that will have the link to the website.  Instructions for voting will be available on the website and I encourage you to please vote on that site and not on the blog.
Finally, and this occurred to me before I even wrote this post, this will be the last Hanime on Anime post for 2014, which means I will not be doing any reviews or discussion posts until January.  So with this in mind, I want to take the time to thank all of you-my devout readers and brief visitors alike-for reading my blog!  It certainly means a lot to me to look on my site and see that Hanime on Anime has over six hundred views since its beginning back in May.  I look forward to more views and more support the coming year.  So with that much said, I’m off!  Have a safe and merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!  The next time you’ll hear from me will be January 1st when I announce Character of the Year.  Stay tuned for that and more to come in 2015!

-Hanime on Anime


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Devilman (1972) vs. Devilman Crybaby: Which Is Better?

Character of the Month of April: Shoya Ishida and Shoko Nishimiya

Akira the Movie vs. Akira the Manga: Which is Better?