I Need a Hero! : My Hero Academia


Hello, peoples!  Now before I begin, I know I had announced last Sunday that I would be doing an announcement post about some changes being made to Hanime on Anime.  But, uh…that post has yet to make its debut.  I’ll explain that later.  Till then, let’s kick this first Sunday of June off with a review on one of the hottest shows of the spring season, if not the year.  I saw this new show a few weeks back and can certainly understand why it’s gotten the hype that it has.  So let’s get right to this week’s review on My Hero Academia!
The story of My Hero Academia is set in a world where a large percentage of the human race is able to develop super powers, often known as “quirks.”  This opens up an awesome and epic career field: being a superhero.  Main protagonist Izuku Midoriya has always dreamed of becoming a hero.  Unfortunately, he never developed a quirk.  Even so, this doesn’t stop him from keeping his dream alive and even goes so far as to apply to the most prestigious school for heroes in the country.  But after a chance encounter with All Might, who is considered to be the greatest hero of all time, everything changes.  All Might sees potential in Izuku after he tries to rescue the school bully from a villain and bestows him with his own quirk “One For All.”  Izuku is later accepted into the U.A. High School.  Following these events, the series follows Izuku’s adventures at the school as well as his struggle to control his quirk.
As I said earlier, this is probably one of the most talked about shows of 2016.  After getting wind of it, I was a little skeptical about it.  But after watching two episodes of it, I was hooked!  So on a scale of one to ten, My Hero Academia gets an 8 out of 10.  I think the biggest perk to the show is definitely the story.  There’s plenty of action throughout, and just enough drama to make it interesting.  Also, I love the world that the whole show is set in.  There are two things that fascinate-besides anime-, and those things are aliens and superheroes.  Somehow, the superhero genre has always seemed to grab my attention, which is strange because I purposely avoid anything related to Marvel or DC.  It’s also really fun to pick out all the quirks you can find in the show.  Overall, the concept of the show is really fun.
As far as downsides go, there really aren’t any to speak of at this point in the series-although I am a little behind with the series as of late.  Although, I think at first glance, some people may think that My Hero Academia is a little too “cartoony.”  In some ways, the show reminds me a lot of Soul Eater.  Much like My Hero Academia, the show has very unique animation style that may not look all that refined, but still has a great story and concept backing it up.  In all honesty, that’s just something you have to get over.  Believe me, this show will have you addicted in, well, two episodes!
So overall, My Hero Academia certainly lives up to its hype.  And take it from me, it’s one high-flying show that is not to be missed!  If you’re interested in catching it, Funimation Entertainment has been streaming the latest episodes on its website for several weeks now.  Funimation is also in the process of dubbing the show.
Now, about that announcement post.  To be totally honest, I dropped the ball this week.  I just started back with grad school this summer and have also gotten started in planning my wedding for next year.  So really, it just fell through.  Still hopefully I’ll get to it this week, cause while I could post it on this week’s post, there’s just too much to talk about to do so.  However, you may have already noticed that my rating system has changed.  Yes, this was one of the new changes I’ve done for the blog, but I’ll explain it in more detail within the next few days.  Anyways, my apologies for not getting to that post.  And so, that wraps up this week’s post.  Be sure to stay tuned for that announcement post-again-and tune in next Sunday for a very special post!

-Hanime on Anime


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Devilman (1972) vs. Devilman Crybaby: Which Is Better?

Character of the Month of April: Shoya Ishida and Shoko Nishimiya

Akira the Movie vs. Akira the Manga: Which is Better?