Character of the Month of March: Norman




Greetings, fabulous people of the Internet!  It’s that time of the month once again (and no, I’m not referring to that…).  That’s right!  It’s Character of the Month time!  I found this month interesting with my reviews in that I started off with a show that I really wanted to see but was disappointed with it and ended on a show that I initially had no intention of seeing and yet fell in absolute love with it.  So it shouldn’t be surprising that this month’s character of the month came from the latter of the two shows.  With that being said, let’s talk about this month’s Character of the Month, Norman from The Promised Neverland!

As one of the thirty-eight orphans of Grace Field House, Norman is often seen as the most intelligent as well as one of the oldest alongside Emma and Ray.  But when he and Emma learn that the orphans of Grace Field are nothing more than food sources for giant monsters, he, Emma, and Ray become involved in a tense race against time to escape Grace Field before another child is killed.

If you saw my video review on The Promised Neverland, I made it pretty clear that the unsettling Sister Krone was my favorite character in the series.  While she was a worthy candidate, let’s just say she’s not around very long (sorry spoilers).  But besides her, another character that I absolutely loved in this show was Norman.  Getting to the point, the reason why I loved him so much was that he was a perfect combination of Emma and Ray’s personalities.  Emma, though the main character, often thinks with her heart and I feel at times it tends to cloud her judgement a bit (though that changes by the end of the season a bit).  Ray on the other hand, is far more rational, but can be very cold at times.  Norman, by comparison was a nice mixture of both; he’s calm and calculating, but has a good heart.  And this especially plays out very well by the end of the season as he manages to play a big role in the last few episodes of the series (I’ve already given away one spoiler here, so you’ll have to figure this one out for yourself).  So while I still love Sister Krone for her role as the terrifying yet funny villain, Norman takes the prize here for not only being that nice blend of character archetypes, but for also helping out when it matters most.  So keep on and run, Norman, cause you’re Hanime on Anime’s Character of the Month!

And now with April literally around the corner, be sure to look out for my Autism Awareness Month Announcement Video on YouTube with a sum up of this year’s event.  Trust me, it’s gonna be a good one!  Till then, stay tuned for more!
-Hanime on Anime


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Devilman (1972) vs. Devilman Crybaby: Which Is Better?

Character of the Month of April: Shoya Ishida and Shoko Nishimiya

Akira the Movie vs. Akira the Manga: Which is Better?