A Message from Hanime on Anime: WE WILL GET THROUGH THIS



Greetings, fabulous people of the Internet!  I know that it’s been well over a month since you last saw me on my latest video review, and even longer since posting on the blog.  A lot of this has been due to work, both in the office and traveling on business.  But another part of that has been due to the coronavirus outbreak.  With the situation the world is in right now, it’s unavoidable to talk about this.
The spread of the coronavirus started in the city of Wuhan, China in December 2019, and has quickly spread throughout the world, with the US currently having the most cases, reporting at over 100,000.  My home state of Mississippi has over 750 confirmed cases and 14 related deaths.  Most of you reading this know these facts already, but I restate these facts to make this point:  The increasing number of cases of the coronavirus here in the US has been a source of fear, anxiety, and uncertainty for many people across the nation and the world, and I’m no different.  I’ve been scared and anxious about the ever-changing situation with the outbreak, with some days being better than others.  I cried the day I found out about the first confirmed case in my county because of how close this virus was to me, even without knowing the person who had it.  I understand how you all feel about this situation.  But despite the mix of fear and anxiety, I still try to be as calm and positive as I possibly can.
My moto during this time has been ‘we will get through this.’  I tell this to my friends and colleagues because I don’t just believe it will happen, I know it will happen.  Humans are unique creatures.  Despite the number of tragedies that have been dealt to us over the millions of years we’ve been on this planet, we humans somehow find a way to persevere and make it through.  We have been through wars, natural disasters, and many other pandemics like this one.  But in these events, it’s when people came together and tried their hardest to make a difference did anything really change.  I remember hearing about people in Italy singing, dancing, and playing instruments or even banging on pots and pans from their balconies to lift peoples’ spirits amidst the country’s nationwide quarantine and thinking that the human spirit is still alive and well.  There have been many other stories like this in the US and abroad that show many people reaching out and making others feel that small glimmer of hope that there will be a light at the end of this dark tunnel.  I’m certainly not the first person online to say this, but I do believe we really will get through this.  Washing your hands, social distancing, and staying home may help keep you from getting sick, but as long as we still hold on to that feeling of hope and to pass that on to others, can we really feel like we’re making an impact.
As for Hanime on Anime, I will be picking things back up in April with my first ever double video review on Fire Force and Dr. Stone and my annual Autism Awareness Month Event.  I will make a more formal announcement on April 2nd about what all I’ll be doing as far as the Autism Awareness Month is concerned.  I also plan to put out more video reactions and my first Hanime on Analysis video in the coming weeks.  Thank you for all the love and support and stay tuned for all the exciting stuff to come!  And just remember, WE WILL GET THROUGH THIS!
-Hanime on Anime

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Devilman (1972) vs. Devilman Crybaby: Which Is Better?

Character of the Month of April: Shoya Ishida and Shoko Nishimiya

Akira the Movie vs. Akira the Manga: Which is Better?