Hanime on Autism 2020!


Greetings, fabulous people of the Internet!  I know that many of you reading this are probably on quarantine from the coronavirus outbreak.  I’m pretty much in the same boat as you are.  But that’s not stopping me from carrying on with this year’s Autism Acceptance Month event, or as I’m now calling it “Hanime on Autism.”
Every year since I’ve done this event, I’ve always taken an opportunity talk about autism and it’s impact on my life-for those of you new to Hanime on Anime, I have Asperger’s Syndrome.  So obviously, something like Autism Acceptance (or Awareness, whichever you prefer) is very important to me.  And while I could take a paragraph or two to talk about autism, how it affects me, affects others, or what those in the autistic community feel about the subject, I feel like in the past five years I’ve done this event, I seem to repeat the same thing over and over.  Not that it doesn’t warrant being repeated, but I don’t know what else I can say on my opinions on the subject.  Instead, I want to talk about the event itself and how wonderful it is as someone on the spectrum to see it become a staple here every year.
My Autism Awareness Events on Hanime on Anime are by far some of the most popular content on the blog and on YouTube.  A lot of this comes from people who know me personally, and some are total strangers, but it makes me proud to think that my thoughts and views on autism are something of interest to all of you!  It’s something that I take particular pride in and it’s always something I look forward to doing every year, and to know that it’s something you all enjoy makes me even happier.  So rather than do what I’ve been doing for the past five years and talking about autism and it’s impact on me, I want to take the time in this announcement to thank all of you have followed the blog and have made my Autism Events such a success!  From the bottom of my heart, as a blogger, content creator, and fellow Aspie, I deeply appreciate all the support I get!  And now, onward to this year’s festivities!
Honestly, it won’t be any different than it was last year.  I’ll be doing two video reviews on two non-anime films and/or TV shows that features characters with autism.  This year’s picks will include the Pixar short Loop (which will likely be my shortest review ever) and the Ben Affleck film The Accountant.  My review on Loop will be the first review and that will premier April 12, followed by my review on The Accountant April 26.  But before that happens, there will be a slight interruption with the premier of my first double review/versus video this Sunday on Dr. Stone and Fire Force.  So everything officially starts April 12, so stay tuned till then!  And thanks again for all the love and support all these years!
-Hanime on Anime


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Devilman (1972) vs. Devilman Crybaby: Which Is Better?

Character of the Month of April: Shoya Ishida and Shoko Nishimiya

Akira the Movie vs. Akira the Manga: Which is Better?