Hanime’s Character of the Month of April: Slaine Troyard (Miyazaki May Announcement)



Hi everybody!  I have returned this Sunday in spite of my numerous projects that are due.  Besides, I’m a little behind after missing last Sunday.  Anyways, before I announce the Character of the Month of April, I want to thank everyone who followed my “Hanime on Autism” posts.  I really do appreciate all of the feedback that I’ve gotten from them, especially considering that this is something that personally affects me-after all, I do have Asperger’s.  This was by far my most successful event of 2015, and it will definitely be back again for next year!  Now with that out of the way, let’s get back to the other business at hand.  April’s line up for reviews was definitely promising.  Granted, I pretty much knew where this month’s character was going to come from, but choosing the character was another matter.  But I have made my decision!  So let’s get on with this month’s Character of the Month: Slaine Troyard from Aldnoah.Zero.
Slaine’s part in the story starts five years prior to the events in the show.  After being rescued by Princess Asseylum, this Earth-born human, or Terran, joins the Versian Army on Mars and helps serve Princess Asseylum.  After the plotted assassination of Princess Asseylum takes place, he later discovers that Princess Asseylum is alive and goes out to prove that she had survived.  However, he goes through hell to get that to happen.  And that’s all I can really say without giving away any spoilers.  But I will say that he does come out on top in season two.
So as far as choosing Slaine for Character of the Month goes, what can I say?  Slaine seemed to be a little more interesting than most everyone else in Aldnoah.Zero-in my opinion anyways.  Granted, I know a lot of people think that Inaho was a total bad ass who got to do all the action, but honestly, I thought he was kind of boring.  And it’s because of all the fighting that he does that makes him boring; it’s all he seems to do.  With Slaine, we get a little more.  He not only uncovers Count Saazbuam’s plot to kill Princess Asseylum, but we do get to see him fight, and even be tortured.  So yeah, Inaho may have provided all the awesome fight scenes in Aldnoah.Zero, but I have to give it to Slaine because he was the one who really got the plot rolling.  If it wasn’t for Slaine putting his nose where it shouldn’t have been, the other characters would have to do it themselves.  So no need to worry, Slaine Troyard; Princess Asseylum is alive and well, and your April’s Character of the Month!
Now, before I go, I do have one important announcement concerning the month of May, which started Friday.  Next Sunday will mark the one year anniversary of Hanime on Anime (Although technically it’s Monday that is the official anniversary)!  To honor the occasion, I will be doing another event: Miyazaki May.  During this event, I will be reviewing some of Hayao Miyazaki’s most memorable works.  Now why dedicate a month entirely to one of the greatest contributors of anime?  Because the very first Hanime on Anime review was on Miyazaki’s last film The Wind Rises, and because Miyazaki is one of the greatest contributors of anime.  In fact, the first review to kick off the event will be a re-review on The Wind Rises.  The other movies for the line up will include My Neighbor Totoro and Princess Mononoke.  This event will start on May 10, 2015.  So with that much said, that is all that I have.  Tune in next Sunday for the first review of Miyazaki May, and of course, Hanime on Anime’s one year anniversary!

-Hanime on Anime


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Devilman (1972) vs. Devilman Crybaby: Which Is Better?

Character of the Month of April: Shoya Ishida and Shoko Nishimiya

Akira the Movie vs. Akira the Manga: Which is Better?