Character of the Month of March: Tanya von Degurechaff


Greetings, one and all!  I have returned this week with my usual blogging to reveal March’s Character of the Month!  And really, it shouldn’t be any surprise who got the title because I only reviewed one show this month.  So I’ll just skip the fancy intro and get straight to the meat and talk about this month’s Character of the Month, Tanya von Degurechaff from Saga of Tanya the Evil!
Tanya’s beginning actually starts at the end of a Japanese businessman’s life.  In the seconds before his death, said businessman is offered a second chance at life by a mysterious being simply known as Being X.  The businessman is reincarnated as a young orphan girl named Tanya.  Coincidentally, Tanya possesses magic powers that allow her to enter the army as a mage.  From there, she quickly climbs the ranks as a fierce and merciless soldier.  But she does get some less-than appreciated help from Being X.
I made a loose comment that Tanya is a pretty scary character.  She may be a cute little girl on the outside, but she has the mind of a sadistic middle-aged man-literally!  Yet with that terrifying fact, it’s so hard not to fixate on her.  It was like I said in my review, Tanya really is the star of the show.  I remember watching this show and just thinking about what she would do next.  And being that she’s pretty far ahead of her thinking for her age-then again, she has the mind of a man-, it’s not hard to see why the audience, not just the military, is so fascinated by her.  Overall, I think she was very well put together in terms of making her a character that any audience could get a kick out of watching.  Like I said, it’s hard not to focus on her and just wonder what she’ll do next, whether that’s do something adorable, like dressing up like a doll for military propaganda, or being completely insane, like sending ignorant soldiers to their deaths cause they won’t follow orders.  That being said, keep getting freaky Tanya von Dergurechaff, cause you’re Hanime on Anime’s Character of the Month of March!
So with March coming to a close, that means it’s time for my famous Autism Awareness Month Event.  For those of you who don’t know what happens during this event, I not only do my usual reviews, I also take an extra day out of the week to talk about autism.  The past two years I’ve done this event, I’ve talked about my experiences with autism in both writing and video.  But this year, I’m planning on doing something a little different.  I still don’t know what I’ll be doing just yet, but come April 1st, you’ll know.  However, I do know the shows that I will be reviewing for April.  For the most part, these won’t be anything from the fall or winter or even spring lineups, just shows that have been on my review list for quite some time now.  So anyways, be sure to be on the lookout for those reviews, and of course my official kick-off for Autism Awareness Month on Hanime on Anime!
-Hanime on Anime


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Devilman (1972) vs. Devilman Crybaby: Which Is Better?

Character of the Month of April: Shoya Ishida and Shoko Nishimiya

Akira the Movie vs. Akira the Manga: Which is Better?