Last Post of 2017?!

Greetings, fabulous peoples of the Internet!  Well, I think you guys can guess what this is about.  But if you haven’t read the title already, then I’ll enlighten you: yes, this may very well be the last post of 2017.  While going on a month long hiatus sounds bad, it’s actually for some pretty good reasons.  I’ve gone on with friends and family that 2017 was a rough year for me emotionally, mostly because of my broken engagement earlier this year.  Even so, 2017 was actually a great year in other regards like my academics and career as a librarian.  Having recently gotten a promotion and nearing the end of my graduate studies, things have gotten a little hectic and busy, especially in the past several months with school.  So part of this little hiatus is in fact a little break to catch my breath.  But the biggest reason for this hiatus is to work on Hanime on Anime itself.

First, I’ve given a lot of thought into expanding my blog into other areas and forms of content for a long time now.  I want to find other ways of getting my name out there.  Why?  Cause well, getting more hits and views is pretty nice (but I honestly appreciate all the views and hits I do get!).  But more than that, being a librarian, I know that anime is a topic that is often discussed in the library world in terms of programming as well as personal interest.  So another reason is to find ways to make this site a resource for those out there who are genuinely curious about anime and want an avid fan’s take on what’s trending.  So, you could say that I’m combining my job with my passion.  I’ve had many ideas on how to make this expansion possible, and this month long break will help explore and test some of those ideas.  And finally, it’s to put out more content.  I’ve felt like the last few months I’ve been sparce on ideas for shows to review and topics to talk about.  By far the most apparent of these times was this year’s October posts.  This month long break will give me a chance to catch up on some more shows to review and plan for some new discussion posts in the future.  Cause Lord knows I could use some anime!

Now, I do want to note that even though I’ll be taking a little break, this doesn’t mean that December/January’s traditional events won’t happen; Character of the Year will still happen on the 1st of January as usual.  All it means that the pool of Characters will be a little small this year.

So don’t worry, ladies and gentlemen!  I’m doing just fine!  All this little break is is an opportunity for change personally, but for the future of Hanime on Anime!  So Happy Holidays and stay tuned January 1st, 2018, for Character of the Year, and December 31st for the unveiling of a new Hanime on Anime!

-Hanime on Anime

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Devilman (1972) vs. Devilman Crybaby: Which Is Better?

Character of the Month of April: Shoya Ishida and Shoko Nishimiya

Akira the Movie vs. Akira the Manga: Which is Better?