Hanime on Anime’s Character of the Month of July: Soma Yukihira

Hello, people of earth!  I’m back from MechCon-which was awesome, by the way-and ready to reveal July’s Character of the Month!  I had some new shows for this month, but it was a little hard pick this month’s character.  In the end, I went with one that was a little more…how can I say it?  Not as controversial.  Still, this character was worth the pick.  With that much said, let’s talk about this month’s Character of the Month: Soma Yukihira from Food Wars!
I reviewed Food Wars shortly before I left for MechaCon, so it should still be a little fresh.  I’ll try to be as brief as possible.  In the series, middle school graduate Soma Yukihira dreams of becoming a top chef like his father and eventually taking over the family restaurant.  Even though he can’t seem to surpass his father, his cooking tricks do prove cunning, especially when the restaurant is faced with being closed.  Unfortunately, Soma’s father closes the restaurant anyway to work in America.  In the meantime, Soma is sent to culinary school, or should I say the top rated culinary school in Japan.  But in a school where only 10% of the students graduate, Soma is going to need all the help he can get.
So why Soma?  I haven’t gone as far as the first episode of Food Wars, so I only know the basics of the seriesBut, I definitely think that Soma has some promise.  And I have to admit, for a kid his age, he’s a culinary genius.  Come on, he made a bacon wrapped potato in the first episode (yum)!    I think that it’s this kid’s skills in the kitchen that will take him through the series.  And I hate to assume the outcome of this series, but I think it’s pretty obvious that he’ll graduate from this school.  Still, assumption or no, this guy’s got some know-how when it comes to cooking.  So fire up the grill, Soma Yukihira-and get me the recipe for that Gotcha Pork Roast, seriously!-cause your Hanime on Anime’s Character of the Month of July!  Tune in next week for another review from yours truly!

-Hanime on Anime


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Devilman (1972) vs. Devilman Crybaby: Which Is Better?

Character of the Month of April: Shoya Ishida and Shoko Nishimiya

Akira the Movie vs. Akira the Manga: Which is Better?