Kamehameha-ing Back!: Dragon Ball Z Re-Review


Greetings, people of Earth!  I’m back again this weekend for another review.  But this one will be a little different.  Remember that re-review that I mentioned last week?  Well here it is.  So let’s rewind for a minute.  You may remember during February-aka Flashback February-, I reviewed a certain anime show that is well known worldwide.  Sound familiar?  Well, I decided to keep going with it and have come back with a new review on it.  So get powered up, cause I’ll be reviewing the anime classic, Dragon Ball Z!
So last time I reviewed Dragon Ball Z, I left off where the Dragon Ball gang must face the threat of two Saiyans invading within the.  Since then, the Saiyans Vegeta and Nappa have been defeated- Nappa is dead and Vegeta barely escapes alive.  However, when one of their friends dies and takes the Dragon Balls with him, the gang finds themselves in a bind trying to get the rest of their fallen friends back.  That’s when they learn about the planet Namek.  After learning that the planet is the home of the Dragon Balls, the gang decides to travel there and save their friends.  However, what they don’t know is that Namek is under attack by the evil Freiza, who is also after the Dragon Balls to grant his wish of immortality.  With a powerful new enemy on the loose, the Dragon Ball gang will definitely have their hands full.  It’s definitely a thrill!
So the last time I reviewed Dragon Ball Z, I gave it a 3.5 out of five stars.  I made the claim that it was “too generous” to give it anything higher.  Now, after going a little further, Dragon Ball Z is definitely worthy of the four star rating.  The story is definitely the selling point of the series.  I think it’s what has sold the show for years, plus all the action.  The animation is definitely 80’s-esque.  Not much I can really say there.  I’m certainly keeping my exception to the animation because it’s an eighties anime.  Yeah, overall, everything else from my previous review stays, at least on the upside.
Now aside from the positives…well…I need to watch more of the show.  That’s the only real downside.  I feel like there is so much I am missing that it’s not enough to say, “this show is great,” or “this show is not great.” Sure, it’s not a decent con, but everything to me seemed pretty spotless.  Granted, with the show being as long as it is, getting all the detail that I need is easier said than done.  Still, being one of the most reputable animes of all time, I certainly give it a thumbs up!
So overall, I certainly think that Dragon Ball Z is definitely worthy of all its hype.  Even though I feel like there’s a lot I’m missing, it’s still worth the watch.  If only I had some Dragon Balls to wish up the series so I can watch it.  Wait, I don’t need that!  Why? Because Dragon Ball Z is available wherever anime is sold.  Well, that’s all I have for this week.  Stay tuned for fresh new review from yours truly!  But seriously, about those Dragon Balls…

-Hanime on Anime


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Devilman (1972) vs. Devilman Crybaby: Which Is Better?

Character of the Month of April: Shoya Ishida and Shoko Nishimiya

Akira the Movie vs. Akira the Manga: Which is Better?