An Arabian Night with this Japanese Show: The Heroic Legend of Arslan


Season’s greetings, ladies and gents!  December is here and that not only means Christmas is almost here, but also a new month of anime reviews!  But, this month’s reviews will be the last reviews of 2015.  So much like last year, December will be a relatively short month.  There is some other important information that I do need to share, but I’ll save that for the end-it’s not a proposal, rest assured.  This week’s review is on, once again, a new 2015 show.  And although I’ve barely dove in to this show, I’d still like to review it while my feet are still wet.  So sit back, relax, and enjoy this week’s review on The Heroic Legend of Arslan.
In The Heroic Legend of Arslan, also known as Arslan Senki, the kingdom of Pars has reigned supreme for some time with power, slaves, and an invincible army.  Arslan, the crown prince of Pars, is the focus of the story.  After witnessing the horrendous defeat of Pars’s army and fall of his father, King Andragoras III, Arslan is rescued from death thanks to the help of one his father’s greatest warriors, Daryun.  After the two escape, they regroup with a former tactician name Narsus and his young servant Elam.  And that’s about as far as I got.
Yeah, I know.  I certainly could have gone a little further in this show.  But still, I really liked what I saw so far.  That’s why I’m giving The Heroic Legend of Arslan a four out of five star rating.  Thus far, the one thing that I really like about this show was the pace.  I think the story moves along at a nice easy pace.  It doesn’t drag on or doesn’t make tremendous skips.  It’s at a nice pace that gives all the important details and doesn’t drag anything out too much to lose interest.  The animation is pretty good, too.  Character design is fantastic, although I think Arslan is just a little too cute for a protagonist role- but that was probably done on purpose anyways (besides, being cute isn’t necessarily a bad thing).  Now, although the show has gotten some pretty good marks from me, there is one little thing that I think interested viewers should know.
The one thing that can be a turn off for fans is the violence and gore.  Even though these two elements of the show are moderate at best in my opinion, this may not be something some people would want to watch.  Do keep in mind that war is a huge part of the story.  Still, don’t let that stop you from watching this show!
Let’s face it, I didn’t get very far in this show.  But, I must say, it does look very promising from only a few episodes, so I’m expecting some great things from this show.  That said, expect a re-review sometime next year!  If you’re interested in seeing the show, you can check funimation.com for the entire series online.  You can also check Hulufor full episodes as well.
Now before I go, I do need to make one announcement concerning this month’s events.  As I said earlier, this month will be short in the number of reviews I’ll be doing. Part of this is to pick Character of the Year.  Last year’s attempt at trying to pick the character by voting wasn’t as successful as I had hoped.  So this year I will be picking the character.  I will reveal the character on January 1, 2016, New Years Day.
Anyways, that’s all that I have for next week because I will be doing my final review of the year!

-Hanime on Anime


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Devilman (1972) vs. Devilman Crybaby: Which Is Better?

Character of the Month of April: Shoya Ishida and Shoko Nishimiya

Akira the Movie vs. Akira the Manga: Which is Better?