Flashback February’s Character of the Month: Motoko Kusanagi



Greetings, devote readers!  Flashback February 2017 has come to an end, and that means it’s time to reveal Flashback February’s Character of the Month!  And let’s face it, this month’s character was a given.  I really don’t need to say more.  So let’s get on and talk about this month’s Character: Motoko Kusanagi from Ghost in the Shell (and yes, I’ve finally realize I’ve been saying her name wrong all this time, oops.)
Ok, so I’m actually going to skip the synopsis of Ghost in the Shell because it’s pretty much a household name in anime.  Plus, Motoko is a pretty well known character in anime anyways.  So I’m pretty sure most anime fans and otakus know who she is without me giving a synopsis.  Besides, it’s the reason why I chose her that I really want to talk about.  Speaking of which, where do I begin?  Well, if nothing else, I can start with Motoko’s central role in the film’s discussion.  It’s a focal point in the film, and Motoko plays an equally focal part in it.  Given her origins as a cyborg, it makes sense she would become so involved in the question “what is human?”  In my honest opinion, her role in the overall discussion is ignored amongst fans and her more action-packed moments are more recognized.  Again, given that she’s a cyborg, her involvement in Ghost in the Shell’s deeper meaning is brilliant.  And, let’s face it, she really is a beast.  Not only is she one of the most iconic female anime characters, she’s also renowned as one of the most badass female anime characters of all time-that’s probably why she’s so recognized anyways.  That and the fact that she has a great body, clothed and naked.  So keep fighting cyber badies for the next twenty years, Motoko Kusanagi, cause you’re Hanime on Anime’s Flashback February Character of the Month!
Now before I go, I do have one quick announcement.  For the next two weeks, I will be doing something very special.  Many of you may remember that last week I was supposed to do my first video reaction.  Well due to some Internet problems and the fact I just didn’t like the video I planned to react to, I scrapped it.  So…guess what I’ll be doing for two weeks?  And this time I’ll actually be reacting to a worthwhile video-it’s still a Watchmojo.com video, but still.  This will also give me an opportunity to get caught up on my anime watching for more new reviews, particularly on some of last season’s and this season’s shows.  Finally, should this change and I have to skip it (again), I will do my best to notify you guys.  So until then, stay tuned for more.  And as always, shoot me a comment if you have a request!

-Hanime on Anime

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Devilman (1972) vs. Devilman Crybaby: Which Is Better?

Character of the Month of April: Shoya Ishida and Shoko Nishimiya

Akira the Movie vs. Akira the Manga: Which is Better?