Character of the Month of March: the Matsuno Brothers



Greetings, ladies and gentlemen!  It’s the end of the month, and that means it’s time for Character of the Month!  And honestly, I felt a little torn with this one...ok, maybe I wasn’t torn, I just felt like there were other characters I could have picked.  What do I mean?  Well, let’s find out by talking about this month’s Character of the Month of March, the Matsuno brothers from Mr. Osomatsu!
There really isn’t much to talk about with this show, but it wouldn’t hurt to give a quick synopsis given my review on Mr. Osomatsu was two weeks ago.  The series follows the Matsuno brothers- Osomatsu, Karamatsu, Choromatsu, Ichimatsu, Jyushimatsu, and Todomatsu- and there crazy antics...and that’s about all you need to know.  Like I said, quick synopsis.
I’m pretty sure that some of you might have thought that either Hiro or Zero Two from DARLING in the FRANXX would have won.  But like I said in my review last week, the show felt really tedious in terms of story and characters, so they weren’t all that interesting to me.  But that’s not to say I didn’t like the Matsuno brothers.  They were actually hilarious and fun to watch.  That’s especially given the fact that there wasn’t any real development to them aside from their personalities.  Speaking of, that was probably the best part about them.  Even if you can’t remember their names-cause I know I couldn’t-, you can remember them by their personalities.  For example, you knew the blue one (Karamatsu) was the tough one, the green one (Choromatsu) was the otaku, and the pink one (Todomatsu) is something of a social butterfly.  And like I said, I think the adult humor in the series was a big lure, and a lot of that comes from the brothers.  Even some of the non-adult jokes and scenarios that they come up with are hilarious.  So even though Mr. Osomatsu has a very basic plot but no running story, these brothers were what made the show a treat to watch.  So keep being funny and crazy Osomatsu, Karamatsu, Choromatsu...and the pink one…and…Aw, forget it!  Congrats Matsuno Brothers, cause you’re Hanime on Anime’s Characters of the Month of March!
Now, as many of you know, April is coming up, and that also means I get to do my famous Autism Awareness Month.  While I normally make an announcement about that usually at the end of March, I’m actually going to wait as I’m still trying to get everything set up for the event.  Granted, I know what I’ll be doing.  It’s the reviews and extra stuff I’m still working on.  And speaking of extra stuff, next Sunday there will not be a review.  In light of the Easter holiday, I’ll be doing a special discussion post on one of my favorite anime series (and maybe another well known series) and how you can tie it to Christianity.  Strange as it may sound, but it’s a post I’ve wanted to do for quite some time.  There might also be a Talkative Thursday post, but it’s not quite confirmed yet.  Anyways, stay tuned till either Thursday for a TT post or Sunday for a special discussion post!
-Hanime on Anime


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Devilman (1972) vs. Devilman Crybaby: Which Is Better?

Character of the Month of April: Shoya Ishida and Shoko Nishimiya

Akira the Movie vs. Akira the Manga: Which is Better?