Two of a Kind…that Make Me Laugh!: Toradora!



Hello, lovelies!  This week’s review is on a lovely anime about lovely high school relationships…that make us laugh.  In my continuation of doing some long overdue reviews, this week I’ll be reviewing one of the funniest rom-com animes I’ve seen.  I’m not going to give any hints or fancy introductions-although I made a cheesy attempt at that anyways-, so let’s get started on this week’s long overdue review on Toradora!
This romantic comedy follows high schoolers Ryuji Takasu and Taiga Aisaka.  Ryuji is often seen as tough and intimidating because of his looks in spite of his gentle personality (that and him being a total neat freak).  However, his second year of high school starts off well when he finds himself in the same class as his best friend Yusaku Kitamura and his crush Minori Kushieda.  He also quickly meets Minori’s close friend, the short, stubborn, and often times violent Taiga Aisaka, also in his class.  When Ryuji learns that Taiga has a crush on Yusaku, and when Taiga learns that Ryuji has a crush on Minori, the two decide to work together to get their friends to fall in love with them.  This friendship starts off rocky and has its hilarious setbacks, but the two eventually get along and hint that they’re in love with each other.
I won’t lie.  This was a tough show to rate.  I haven’t finished the series yet, but I really have been enjoying what I’ve been seeing.  Still, I give Toradora! a four out of five star rating.  The biggest selling point of the series is the comedy.  Don’t get me wrong, the animation is OK and the story is pretty intriguing, but when you get down to it, this show is absolutely funny.  And coming from someone who isn’t big on rom-coms, that says a lot.  Whether Taiga is punching someone through a wall, or Minori is doing something stupid, or that one single teacher is being moody about being single, there is a laughable moment at every second.
Now, for positive remarks this short, you’d think I’d have more negative comments than good.  And honestly, I don’t have any negative comments to give.  It could be because I’m laughing too hard to notice, but nothing has stood out.  Although, for a romance anime, there may be too much comedy going on.  But quite frankly, I don’t really care.  I laughed too hard watching it to say otherwise.
Ryuji Takasu and Taiga Aisaka
So to wrap this week’s review up, this is a very different and hilarious romance anime.  But it’s mostly hilarious.  If you like crazy love stories or tsundares that throw temper tantrums worse than the Hulk, go watch Toradora!  The anime does have an English dub (however I have been keeping up with the original Japanese dub) available wherever anime is sold and can be watched online at Hulu and Crunchyroll.com.  Now before I go, I do want to thank you for continued support of the Hanime on Autism posts.  I greatly appreciate it!  Also, I will make an announcement about this year’s Miyazaki May Month, my next event coming up, next week when I reveal Character of the Month.  And so with that, I’m off!  Stay tuned next Sunday for Character of the Month and for Part 3 of Hanime on Autism this Friday!

-Hanime on Anime

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Devilman (1972) vs. Devilman Crybaby: Which Is Better?

Character of the Month of April: Shoya Ishida and Shoko Nishimiya

Akira the Movie vs. Akira the Manga: Which is Better?